Tuesday, May 5, 2015

You Are My FAV….layout.

I was debating on sharing these layouts.
For one, I don't have any photos for them yet.
And two, I made this page from a kit, designed by Vicki Boutin.
This detailed kit was the goodie bag, from the Crop & Create event…from 2013….told you I was a procrastinator, lol.
But I did do a few things differently.





















These are not colours that I would normally choose.
I am not a big fan of the colour yellow, so I spritzed the card stock with some mists.
Like I mentioned in yesterday's post, I misplaced the envelope that came in the kit, so I used one I had on hand, then added some wood hearts I had painted.
I just love the banner embellishment that was included in the kit…love the stitching!!






















Here is the second page to this 2 page layout.
The kit consisted of this 2 page layout, Two 1 page layouts and 3 cards.
I like to make 2 page layouts, so I find ways to cut down on my papers, so I can use them on both of the pages.
For example:
The black "Spread Your Wings" paper was to run the full length under the papers.
I cut two strips and put them on either side of the paper layers
I also cut the centres out of papers where photos or other papers will sit on.






















For the black paper, the kit called to use chalkboard paper that was supplied in the kit…I wanted to save it, as I liked the other side of it.
So what I did was use black cardstock and chalked the paper with….chalk ;)






















I am liking this embellishment layer here as well.











Here are both of the layouts side by side as they will be in my album…..when they get in an album.
Because I don't have photos for these layouts yet, I haven't done a title or journaling.
I may take some photos of my girls on Mother's Day for this layout…since the pocket lable is "You are my Fav."  I surely can't put only one of my daughters on this layout ;)

I hope you all have a very Creative Day :)

Tracy :)

7 comments:

  1. Like what you did with your 2 pager. I don't usually create a page before I have the photos. If I do I rarely use it! And sure, you can scraplift my layout. Thanks for the nice words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great two page LO, I like the colours the way you used them. Mother's day pictures will be lovely on it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty pages, Tracy! Great idea to use Mother's Day photos of your girls since the colors are very springlike. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you shared them - they are fabulous!! The layers and designs are just awesome!! Love them!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. That camera paper is one of my favorite!! I've been using it up along with other papers from the same line in my 6x8 album. That's kind of neat that you made your own chalk paper too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you take a one page layout from a kit and get so much mileage out of it! That gold embossed camera is super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous LO's and papers! Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)