Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Thinking of You…water colour card

I had so much fun making my "Faceless Beauty" water colour card, that I wanted to make another one.
I had watched an Amy R video today and she inspired me to try to make this one with clear embossing powder.
I really like how it turned out.






















Look…I made a photo tutorial :)
I used this flower from the stamp set that I received as a gift from Unity Stamps called "Have a little faith" :)
Versa mark embossing ink, clear embossing powder and some water colour paper.






















After stamping my image with the Embossing ink, pouring the clear embossing powder where I had stamped and then getting the excess powder off of the paper.
Lastly I heat set the image with my heat gun.
It was hard to get a good photo of this, but when the embossing powder turns shinny like this..it is done.






















Then the fun part..colouring :)
I used my Distress markers for this.
I have to mention, using water colour paper really does make a big difference in how the distress markers ink moves on this paper.

















I coloured right from the marker.
I just put some colour on the bottom of the flower (as this is where I wanted the darkest of the colour to be) and them moved the colour with my water pen….you could also use a wet paint brush for this as well.






















Here they are all coloured up…but they needed a bit of something.






















To add even more detail.
Once the distress marker ink was dry, I used the fine tip on the marker, to add some flicking for more shading to the flowers.
Sadly, my red fine tip seemed to be dried out, even though the brush tip worked fine…its a mystery ;)
I did the same to the leaves as well.






















Lastly I added some colour to the background with my Distress ink from the ink pads with my "Homemade distress ink applicators".
It took me longer to write this post, than it did to make this card.
This card took me no longer then 20 minutes to complete.






















I hope you all had a very Creative Tuesday :)

Tracy :)

18 comments:

  1. Love the end result of your card. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, I must try this technique, you have inspired me. I think with your instructions I can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. harlos, how are you, it has been 4 years that i didn't visits your blog, still remember me? haha

    Regards,
    (A Growing Teenager Diary Malaysia)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Tracy, and thanks for your step by step photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Never thought of coloring an image embossed in clear before. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty watercoloring! gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!! Your card is beautiful! I will have to try this technique

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous!! The watercoloring looks amazing!! I love the pretty flowers!! What a fabulous card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful, Tracy! I love the technique you used.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tracy your card is so beautiful! I love the softness of the colours and the technique looks wonderful, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW Tracy, this is stunning! Love the water colour and thanks for the tutorial - something new for me to try :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful details the coloring makes! Thanks for sharing your tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning design Tracy.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous card you made Tracy! Love it. Thanks for making a tutorial for us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. so pretty.....love the look of watercolour...
    I'm from Ontario too!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)