Thursday, November 13, 2014

Art Journaling…Come Learn with Me…Journals

This is the second video in my series of art journaling.
To check out my 1st post, click the link "Art Journaling"
I mentioned I was going to start with Gesso, but I figured we should start with journals, as that is the most important art supple we will need :)

There are many types of journals.
Some are coil, spiral or ring bound and some are stitched or glued in their binding.
You may think it doesn't really matter, but the more you work with each type, you will figure out with type you prefer.
The bound journals lay nice and flat. They are great for working on each page individually.
The journals that are bound by stitching or glue are great for working on two page spreads…can you tell I"m a scrapbooker ;)























Also what to look for in a journal is the type of paper that they contain.
I personally like water colour paper because the paper is quite thick and takes mediums very well.
But then again you can use thin paper or any type of paper if you treat it with Gesso first….but lets not get ahead of ourselves ;)

I made a video where I explain my findings in more detail :)
If you would rather watch my video on my YouTube channel (as my blog doesn't show the full screen) just click on the link :)   "Tracy's Treasures24"
I hope to inspire you to try art journaling, where we can all learn together :)

I hope you all had a very Creative Day :)

Tracy :)

8 comments:

  1. ....wundervoll, liebe tracy....
    liebe grüsse
    ruth..chen:-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. .... wonderful, love tracy ....
      grüsse love
      ruth..chen : - ) )

      Delete
  2. Not that I need another project, but you've definitely got my interest peeked, Tracy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting, I have lots of books I've bought to start but need to get working on it. great video.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great video - who knew there were so many journals out there! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm headed to the library right now to get a book for my art journal!! Lol! Great video!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really cool! There are so many journal options. I never would have thought of using the moleskine journals as an art journal. But now that you mention it, the papers in there are thicker, so it would work!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)