Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Smash booking this past weekend

Here is a page I completed in my Smash book, during the 12 hour crop from last weekend's Scrap for Autism.
I use this Smash book for all the little trips I take with my family and friends.
Once this book is full, I'm not sure if I will do another one in this theme, as we seem to do and go to the same places every year.
I will do other Smash Books, but they will be on other themes instead.






















I have mentioned before that I don't really like most of the images on the pages in my book.
I am not complaining as I was gifted it in a RAK.
But how I am rectifying this problem is to add my own papers over the images I don't care for.
This is what I did on these two pages.
I like my pages to have a cohesive look to them, so if I cover one side, I usually cover the other side.

For some reason when I was working on this page, I kind of just sat and looked at if for a half hour or so.
I am not sure if it was because this is the last thing I was working on at the crop for the evening, or I was just stumped.
I wasn't sure if I wanted to span these photos between the two pages, or just make a one page layout.
Well as you can see, I choose for the one page layout.
The photos on the left, I made into a pocket to add my journaling in.
That is one thing I do like about these Smash pages, because they are not in page protectors I can add interactive elements or more bulky item to the pages.

















Today was a bit of a sad day…I picked up our income tax from the accountant…the government is going to be  very happy to get our return this year, lol.

I hope you all had a very creative Tuesday :)

Tracy :)

11 comments:

  1. Hooray for completing a page -
    Boo for giving government money ..

    Mine is with accountant - crossing fingers
    how about an even break or $ for scrapping? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo on having to pay! Trying to see if dd wants to use my smash book on her trip; maybe she will be like me and think she will, but won't.😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your smash pages look great, I like that book as it looks like the pages are big to fit that many photos on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad to say I haven't even sorted my papers to take to the tax place. It is on my agenda today,I wonder if we could claim a room for crafting? Sorry you hear you have to pay! Great pages in your smash book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty page and that picture of you is great, Tracy! Bummer about the lack of tax refund, that's never fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear the government is getting your hard earned $$$$$. Great looking Smash pages!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where do you store all of your albums and books? I love the idea of covering up the papers you don't like. Remember I picked uo that smash book on clearance? I still don't know what to use it for...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a really pretty page! I like that you cover the pages you don't love. That is a really smart idea!

    I'm sorry about your taxes. That is no fun :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great smash book, Tracy, and a clever way for you to turn the pages into backgrounds that YOU want! You look like you have a lot of fun on your trips!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving me some love, so I could return the flavor and find you! I am your newest follower and I'd love to have you pop back and join my blog, too, if you like!

    Happy Easter/ Happy Spring! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your smash page looks great!! Do you print the photos yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous page - love the photos. I too don't like a lot of the pages in the Smash books, which is probably why I never buy any LOL! Never thought of adding paper, doh!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love and I will return it right back to you :)